Monday, October 02, 2006


I'm not really a writer--I just like taking pictures.

I ordered some awsome elephant ears from an online gardening site. I was expecting some roots and half-dead plants, but they were already five feet high when they arrived. This is a new baby leaf that has already appeared.

I'm planting a lot of tropicals right now. I'll have to figure out how to protect them if we suddenly get a cold winter again. I have a plan to create little plastic "tents" I can pop over the delicate ones.


1 comment:

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Hi, nice to see a new garden blog. Sounds exciting, a tropical garden! I'll be back now and again to see your progress.
I saw your other blog, about your house and the hurricane. So sorry to hear of that, can't imagine how terrible that would have been.
But your new house looks fantastic, love the view!
And thanks for visiting my blog!