Tuesday, May 15, 2007

More Color

It's always a good thing to find a ladybug in my garden. I wish more would turn up. I've heard you can purchase them, but I'm not sure how to keep them from flying away.

Above is my favorite canna. I find the traditional cannas--the big floppy red or yellow ones--a bit boring. This one has a more tropical look and almost reminds me of bird-of-paradise. I think I found it at Home Depot years ago, and it has survived a few hurricanes.

I love the color combination below, of the verbena and the cape plumbago. We did our bedroom in those colors. I can't commit to a favorite color, but I love color combinations, and the way colors play off eachother. I usually keep that in mind when I am planting. For example, red and yellow don't work for me as a combination, so I rarely plant them together. This is probably as close as I come to planning my garden. Mostly, I just stagger around with new plants until I think I've found the right spot. I do a lot of transplanting.

No comments: